HEAD to HEAD is a bilateral exhibition project connecting the two unique, dynamic, and ever-expanding artist-run visual art scenes of Athens, Greece, and Reykjavik, Iceland. The project aims to establish an energetic connection between Greek and Icelandic artists and spaces and boost peripheral European cultural collaboration. The execution of the project will be based on an exchange and pairing of Greek and Icelandic artists resulting in exhibitions in both places. The Icelandic exhibition committee has proposed a selection of Icelandic artists to each of the collaborating exhibition spaces. The proprietors of each space then propose a Greek artist, pairing the two together to create an exhibition. During a research trip in Athens last September 2019 the curatorial team met with several artist-run initiatives and institutions and confirmed their participation. They are beside A-DASH are KEIV, Hyle, Backspace, Pet Projects, Snehta, Space52, Zoetrope, Sunday Narratives, PS: Communitism, MEME and Stoa 42. This process will then be mirrored in Reykjavik, Iceland and the following artist-run initiatives and institutions have confirmed their participation in 2022; Kling & Bang, The Living Art Museum, Museum of Perceptive Art, Open, Gallery Port, Midpunkt, Reykjavik Association of Sculptors/ Reykjavik Sculpture Garden.
- EEA GRANTS 2014-2021: Signature of the Project Contract for the Predefined Project entitled “Improving Hellenic Police capacity to identify and manage unaccompanied minors and vulnerable groups”. 20.09.22
- “Gender Perspectives of the Pandemic: Women in Research and Governance” 05.07.22
- A big “Smile” on the faces of refugee children from Ukraine 30.06.22
- Joint visit of the Ambassadors of Norway and Ukraine to the open accommodation center “A step forward” of Médicins du Monde 03.06.22
- Bilateral Relations of the Democritus University of Thrace with the Matis Research Institute in Iceland 01.06.22