Civil society and active citizenship strengthened and vulnerable groups empowered
The Active Citizens Fund programme, funded by Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway forms part of the EEA Grants for the programming period 2014-2021.
The overall objective of Active Citizens Fund is the strengthening of civil society and active citizenship and the empowerment of vulnerable groups and it is based on the common values of respect of human dignity, freedom, democracy, equality, the rule of law and the respect for human rights including rights of persons belonging to minorities.
In particular, Active Citizens Fund in Greece aims to achieve the following outcomes, through six open calls for project proposals:
- Vulnerable groups empowered
- Strengthened civil society watchdog and advocacy role
- Increased citizen participation in civic activities
- Increased support for human rights
- Gender equality promoted and gender-based violence combatted
- Platforms and networks among CSOs developed
Programme objective Civil society and active citizenship strengthened and vulnerable groups empowered Programme area Civil Society Programme Operator The Financial Mechanism Office in accordance with Article 6.13 of the Regulation. Fund Operator Bodossaki Foundation in partnership with SolidarityNow Programme Grant €12,000,000